Personal Injury Law in Yonkers, NY
If you have been hurt, you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. Our dedicated team at Sayegh & Sayegh PC realizes that you shouldn’t have to spend your time and energy fighting for what you deserve when you could be spending your time resting and recuperating.
When you need the support of an experienced and knowledgeable accident attorney in Yonkers, NY, you can rely on our firm to help you cover your bases.
How Can Yonkers and Dutchess County Personal Injury Lawyers Help You?
A personal injury is any injury you suffer that resulted directly or indirectly from recklessness, carelessness, negligence, or intentional wrongdoing. Depending on the circumstances of your injury and the accident or incident surrounding it, your injuries could range from relatively mild, with little impact beyond medical costs and minor property repairs, to catastrophic, with lifelong effects or even tragic consequences.
Regardless of the degree of severity of your personal injury, you need and deserve representation from an attorney who can help you obtain the compensation to which you are entitled, and more importantly, guide you with comfort and unwavering support through every step of your case. Only a qualified personal injury attorney understands how to draw upon years of experience helping other victims of negligence in order to advocate for your interests.
Types of personal injury cases and the services your Yonkers, NY attorney provides
Injuries can result from all types of accidents and incidents. Generally, in order to be considered personal injuries in the legal sense, they will fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Motor vehicle accidents – Injuries from collisions involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, boats, public transport, and/or pedestrians that occur due to negligent driving, unsafe road conditions, and/or vehicle malfunction
- Medical malpractice – Injuries or illnesses that result from negligent action or inaction by a surgeon, doctor, nurse, pharmacist, hospital, or any other industry professional/entity
- Products liability – Injuries that result from the use of a product that is inherently unsafe due to design, improperly manufactured, or sold lacking adequate instructions for safe usage
- Premises liability – Injuries resulting from accidents, sometimes called slip-and-falls, that occur on public or private property due to inherently hazardous conditions, inadequate maintenance, lack of proper signage, or other failures to create a safe environment
Whether or not your injury falls neatly into one of these categories, always consult a lawyer when considering taking legal action in Dutchess County or elsewhere in New York. A good attorney can evaluate your case, use the most effective legal tools, and present a solid case that gets the results you want.
Personal injury claim timeline and obtaining compensation
The timeline of your case depends largely on its details, and only your attorney can give you an accurate estimate of how long it might take from beginning to end. That said, after filing your claim, your personal injury lawsuit should entail the following phases:
- Initial investigation/gathering evidence
- Official discovery process
- Settlement negotiations
- Trial and issuing of judgment (if no settlement is reached)
Note that the majority of cases end in settlement, and it is often beneficial to avoid trial. You can obtain the same type of compensation in a settlement that you would in a trial, including coverage of medical costs, payment to repair or replace property, lost wages, and consideration for emotional pain and suffering.
Choose a reputable Yonkers personal injury law firm to represent you in your case
Sayegh and Sayegh has negotiated several multi-million dollar personal injury settlements. Invest in your own future by choosing the personal accident lawyer who will fight for your rights.
We don’t treat our clients like case numbers because we care – and also because we know that approach won’t deliver the results you deserve. We dig into the specific details of your particular case, and take care to prepare the kind of representation that will most likely affect the best possible outcome.
To learn more about personal injury laws in New York, or to initiate a claim, consult the attorneys of Sayegh and Sayegh Law in Hopewell Junction. With more than 70 years of combined experience, we understand how to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Call (914) 222-8161 or contact us online to learn more about our services.